Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Digital Painting - 9th Term



First assignment for this class is a custom brush exercise. I didn't spend a lot of time but it turned out to be maybe the best from other assignments. I never tried using custom brushes this way before, so it was quite interesting.

This one is using brushes with color dynamics. I didn't do this really well. I think it would be better to not be afraid to use more colors.

This assignment is to create a flat space futuristic city. This one troubled me the most, and I still am not really sure about what should I do. Anyway, it is quite interesting to learn about the photo bash technique. But I couldn't turn it into my painting successfully.

This one is to create a deep space environment. I used photo of Japanese temple as reference. Grid was quite helpful.

Creating character using Bezier curve. I designed a music robot. I like this one quite much and I am thinking to add color and more details other time.

10 Rectangles exercise




Ball exercises



Color key exercises with given drawings



And the last one is the final project, which we could choose to do anything. I chose to draw a short comic. This is a reinvented story from the famous Japanese tale "Momotaro." I didn't have much time so it was quite messy but I really had fun doing this. This is almost my first time drawing comic all digitally and also first time coloring in Photoshop. It actually was faster than the normal way I draw and it turned out not bad. I would like to try more and spend more time in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment