Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Visual Development - 8th Term


 In this class, we had to create our own art direction for a feature animation of a story, which I chose "The Little Prince." Then we had to paint four characters and three beats (key moments) from the story. I did not change the story but I tried to keep an overall style and same motifs for the works.









The characters I chose to draw are the Little Prince, the Pilot, the Snake, and the Tippler.





 Below are some of my roughs


 The Little Prince












 The Pilot







 The Snake







 The snake is really hard to draw. I tried to look at snakes from animation and also many photos.

The Tippler







And I also drew many roughs for the beats.









I really had fun in this class since I like to draw characters. The process of designing the characters was especially fun. Although most of the process did not show in the final pieces, I think I would like to work more on the characters, maybe creating character sheets or painting over the roughs so not to waste them. It was also fun painting the beats. One reason probably is that I like the story very much and had read it several times since my childhood. The one which the pilot lifts the Little Piece in his hands is one of the scenes I have most feeling, which is also probably my best painted piece.





No comments:

Post a Comment